SUICIDE SILENCE RELEASES NEW SONG AND VIDEO
(Riverside, California – May 4, 2022) – SUICIDE SILENCE releases new song “Thinking In Tongues” today. The song is currently available on all digital platforms and the video clip, which was directed by Vicente Cordero for Industrialism Films, will premiere today, 5/4/22, at 7pm CET/1pm ET/10am PT:
“This song derives from the chaotic feeling of losing one's mind”, says the band about “Thinking In Tongues”. “Feeling like you're choking on every breath you take until you eventually break. Debilitating confusion sets in and your mind begins ‘Thinking in Tongues’; essentially processing thoughts that not even you yourself can understand. In a sense, this song evokes the ultimate sense of helplessness.”
“Thinking In Tongues” is drummer Alex Lopez’s final studio performance, the band adds, "SUICIDE SILENCE and our long-time drummer, Alex Lopez, have mutually agreed to part ways. We wish him nothing but the best moving forward and encourage you all to follow his future endeavors in both music and visual arts. Our good friend, Ernie Iniguez (who recorded drums on ‘Become The Hunter’) will be drumming with us on the upcoming ‘Chaos & Carnage Tour’ and European festival run.”
On June 24th, SUICIDE SILENCE will drop the re-release of their classic debut album “The Cleansing (Ultimate Edition)”. Pre-order the re-release, which will include liner notes by the band and extensive bonus material, HERE.
The band is about to start their co-headlining run on the US “Chaos & Carnage Tour” with Carnifex, labelmates LORNA SHORE, Upon a Burning Body, Angelmaker and Distant, beginning May 5th and running until June 4. Tickets are available to purchase, HERE.
Chaos & Carnage Tour Dates:w/Carnifex, LORNA SHORE, Upon A Burning Body, AngelMaker, Distant
- 5/6 Sacramento, CA - Ace of Spades
- 5/7 Portland, OR - Bossanova Ballroom
- 5/8 Seattle, WA - El Corazon 5/10 Grand Junction, CO - Mesa Theater
- 5/11 Denver, CO - Oriental Theater
- 5/13 Minneapolis, MN - Cabooze5/14 Chicago, IL - WC Social Club
- 5/15 Pontiac, MI - Crofoot5/17 Columbus, OH - King of Clubs
- 5/18 Pittsburgh, PA - Jergels
- 5/19 Boston, MA - Big Night Live
- 5/20 New York, NY - Gramercy Theatre
- 5/21 Reading, PA - Reverb
- 5/22 Baltimore, MD - Soundstage
- 5/24 Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade
- 5/25 Tampa, FL - Orpheum
- 5/27 Arlington, TX - So What Festival
- 5/28 Houston, TX - Warehouse Live
- 5/29 San Antonio, TX - Paper Tiger
- 5/31 Albuquerque, NM - El Rey Theatre
- 6/1 Mesa, AZ - Nile Theatre
- 6/2 Las Vegas NV - 24 Oxford
- 6/3 Anaheim, CA - House of Blues
- 6/4 Los Angeles, CA - Regent Theater
- 16.-19.06. (BE) Dessel - Graspop Metal Meeting
- 21.06. (DE) Frankfurt - Zoom
- 23.-26.06. (CZ) Prague - Basinfire
- 24.-26.06. (DE) Ferropolis - Full Force Festival
- 26.06. (FR) Clisson - Hellfest
SUICIDE SILENCE have come full circle and returned to their original label home, Century Media Records. With nearly two decades of non-stop touring around the globe, hundreds of thousands of records sold and cementing themselves as a lynchpin band in modern extreme metal, the Riverside, California quintet has rejoined the label that released the highly acclaimed albums: The Cleansing (2007), No Time To Bleed (2009) and The Black Crown (2011).
Follow SUICIDE SILENCE:
MEMPHIS MAY FIRE SHARE "ONLY HUMAN" WITH AJ CHANNER
Matty Mullins (vocals), Kellen McGregor (guitar), Cory Elder (bass), and Jake Garland (drums) — have shared "Only Human" from their upcoming seventh album Remade in Misery.
The explosively rhythmic track features guest vocals from Fire From the Gods' AJ Channer, who bounces lyrics off Mullins for a double dose of ferocity.
Watch the visualizer below:
"'Only Human' is one of my personal favorites off the new record," explains Mullins. "AJ Channer is the only guest vocalist on the new album and we couldn't be more stoked to have him on this one. He's a vocal powerhouse and really took this tune to the next level.
"Each song drop from Remade in Misery thus far has had a philanthropic element and has been accompanied by a piece of charity-driven merch is available at the band's online store. For "Only Human," proceeds from the t-shirt will benefit the Wounded Warrior Project, a charity and veterans service organization that offers a variety of programs, services, and events for wounded veterans of the military actions following September 11, 2001. The charity was selected by Channer.
Remade in Misery arrives on June 3 via longtime label Rise Records. Pre-order it here.
Last summer, Memphis May Fire dropped a series of singles, which accumulated nearly 46 million streams combined. The new material was repeatedly lauded by Revolver, SiriusXM, Loudwire, WSOU, HM, and more.
Memphis May Fire will hit the road this spring with Dance Gavin Dance, Volumes, and Moon Tooth next month. All dates are below.
MEMPHIS MAY FIRE ON TOURWITH DANCE GAVIN DANCE, VOLUMES, + MOON TOOTH:
- 4/26 — Spokane, WA — Knitting Factory
- 4/27 — Garden City, ID — Revolution
- 4/29 — Wichita, KS — Cotillion
- 4/30 — Omaha, NE — The Admiral
- 5/1 — Des Moines, IA — Val Air
- 5/3 — Ft. Wayne, IN — Piere’s5/4 — Cleveland, OH — Agora
- 5/6 — Grand Rapids, MI — The Intersection
- 5/7 — Milwaukee, WI — Eagles Ballroom
- 5/9 — Rochester, NY — Main Street Armory
- 5/10 — Albany, NY — Empire Live
- 5/11 — Hartford, CT — Webster Theater
- 5/13 — Richmond, VA — The National
- 5/14 — Raleigh, NC — The Ritz5/15 — Columbia, SC — The Senate
- 5/17 — Ponte Vedra, FL — Concert Hall5/19 — Knoxville, TN — Knoxville Auditorium
- 5/20 — Birmingham, AL — Sloss Furnaces
ARCHITECTS New Release
ARCHITECTS Release ‘For Those That Wish To Exist at Abbey Road’ Today
USA Tour Starting September 2022
"a rare glimpse into something that felt uniquely close and special to this band and an honor to experience alongside them" - Metal Hammer"
The expansive metallers pair ‘For Those That Wish To Exist’ with the heft of a live orchestra, with magical results"- NME"
Despite all their successes, this masterpiece of a moment at Abbey Road Studios feels like the most paramount and important in this band's career." - DCVRD
ARCHITECTS’ live album “For Those That Wish To Exist at Abbey Road” is out today.
The album was recorded at London's iconic Abbey Road studios, during a global streaming event on December 11th last year and features a reimagined orchestral version of their critically acclaimed, UK number 1 album "For Those That Wish To Exist".
The band’s performance is backed by Parallax Orchestra, made up of some of UK's best and most versatile classical musicians, arranged and written by the award-winning composer and Parallax Orchestra's conductor Simon Dobson. Watch the video for the monumental rendition of "Impermanence (Live From Abbey Road)" below:
You can get the album HERE.
ARCHITECTS will be touring the US this Fall 2022.
Please see below for all the details:
- September 6, 2022- Minneapolis, MN - First Ave
- September 8, 2022 - Milwaukee, WI - The Rave
- September 9, 2022 - Chicago, IL - Riviera
- September 10, 2022 - Columbus, OH - Newport Music Hall
- September 12, 2022 - Indianapolis, IN - Deluxe
- September 13, 2022 - Cleveland, OH - Agora Ballroom
- September 15, 2022 - Detroit, MI - Royal Oak
- September 20, 2022 - Boston, MA - House of Blues
- September 21, 2022 - New York, NY - Terminal 5
- September 22, 2022 - Philadelphia, PA - The Fillmore
- September 23, 2022 - Silver Springs, MD - The Fillmore
- September 25, 2022 - Louisville, KY - Louder Than Life
- September 26, 2022 - Norfolk, VA - The Norva
- September 27, 2022 - Raleigh, NC - The Ritz
- September 29, 2022 - Nashville, TN - Marathon Music Works
- September 30, 2022 - Atlanta, GA - HeavenOctober 1, 2022 - St Petersburg, FL - Jannus Live
- October 3, 2022 - Dallas, TX - Granada Theatre
- October 4, 2022 - San Antonio, TX - Aztec Theatre
- October 6, 2022 - Tempe, AZ - The Marquee
- October 7, 2022 - Los Angeles, CA - NOVO
- October 9, 2022 - Sacramento, CA - Aftershock
Tickets on general sale now – HERE.
Architects is vocalist Sam Carter, drummer Dan Searle, bassist Ali Dean and guitarists Josh Middleton and Adam Christianson.