Whitechapel launches animated video for "Doom Woods"; announces rescheduled USA tour dates with As I Lay Dying, Shadow Of Intent.
Today (June 25th), Whitechapel has launched a new animated video for the track "Doom Woods", which appears on their latest album, The Valley (2019). Watch "Doom Woods below:
Guitarist Alex Wade comments: "We are excited to release the animated video for 'Doom Woods' off our 2019 release 'The Valley'. While we have some time off from touring, we thought it would be a great time to give a visual representation to the closing track from the album. We were blown away with what the design team was able to create and we hope you enjoy it as much as we did. It really gives the track a new depth."
Whitechapel has also announced their rescheduled "Burn to Emerge" USA tour with As I Lay Dying and Shadow Of Intent. Originally planned for May/June 2020, the trek was cancelled due to COVID-19; any tickets purchased for these initial shows will be honored at the rescheduled dates. See below for the complete itinerary, set for next year!
Whitechapel tour dates w/ As I Lay Dying, Shadow Of Intent
- 17, 2021 - Tucson, AZ @ Rialto
- 18, 2021 - Flagstaff, AZ @ The Orpheum Theater
- 19, 2021 - Albuquerque, NM @ Sunshine Theater
- 20, 2021 - Odessa, TX @ Dos Amigos
- 21, 2021 - Austin, TX @ Emo's
- 23, 2021 - San Antonio, TX @ The Aztec
- 25, 2021 - Tampa, FL @ The Ritz Ybor
- 26, 2021 - Ft Lauderdale, FL @ Revolution
- 27, 2021 - Destin, FL @ Rock Destin
- 1, 2021 - Raleigh, NC @ The Ritz
- 3, 2021 - New York, NY @ Gramercy
- 5, 2021 - Worcester, MA @ The Palladium
- 6, 2021 - Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom
- 7, 2021 - Albany, NY @ Upstate Concert Hall
- 9, 2021 - Columbus, OH @ The Athenaeum Theatre
- 10, 2021 - Grand Rapids, MI @ 20 Monroe Live
- 11, 2021 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
- 12, 2021 - St. Louis, MO @ The Pageant
- 13, 2021 - Kansas City, MO @ The Truman
- 14, 2021 - Wichita, KS @ Wave
- 15, 2021 - Colorado Springs, CO @ Sunshine Studios
- 16, 2021 - Fort Collins, CO @ Washington's
- 17, 2021 - Grand Junction, CO @ Mesa Theater
- 19, 2021 - San Francisco, CA @ The Regency Ballroom
- 20, 2021 - Riverside, CA Riverside Municipal Auditorium
Mixed by David Castillo, mastered by Ted Jensen, produced once again by Mark Lewis (Cannibal Corpse, The Black Dahlia Murder), and featuring artwork by Branca Studio, The Valley is a reference to the part of Hardin Valley (west of Knoxville, Tennessee) where vocalist Phil Bozeman grew up. Set against this backdrop, he approaches his subject matter unflinchingly, building upon everything that came before, making it clear that he has survived that which he was forced to endure and is not afraid to confront it. "Phil has been upfront in his lyrics in the past about hardships he endured in his life as a child, and I believe with this record we tried to paint a better picture of that," says guitarist Alex Wade, who alongside his bandmates, stands 100% behind everything their vocalist has to say. "I feel our music is Phil's release from his past, being able to get it out and speak about it, and hopefully anyone who hears it that may have gone through similar experiences can find some release in it as well."
Named "...the strongest release of [Whitechapel's] career..." (Exclaim) and containing "...a healthy helping of killer cuts..." (No Clean Singing), The Valley can be previewed and purchased at: http://www.metalblade.com/whitechapel